domingo, 2 de noviembre de 2014

2 November 2014
Fate vs. Free Will
     I believe that fate is determined by the choices that you make.  It isn't necessarily predetermined by a higher power as most religions believe, but instead, there are neat little paths laid out and the path that you take is determined by your actions. It's really a mix of both in my idea, mostly because I am a strong believer in karma.  There are some superstitions (a lot actually) that I do not believe.  Karma is not one of them.  Ever since I was little, I've noticed that for every bad thing that happens to me, the universe makes up for it in some way. For every good or bad thing that I do, the universe also makes sure I get it right back to me.  However, what I do to DESERVE the karma is up to me.  If I make a good choice, the good path is laid out in front of me.  If I do something bad to someone else, the bad path is laid out for me.  It's honestly a very hard question for anyone to answer and choose one or the other.  
     Fate or free will is such a gray area and one of those parts of life that we don't think about too often because life just happens.  Humans don't generally think about the kinds of effects their actions will have on their lives (unless it is an extremely big decision) or even the lives of others.  Just even the slightest things that we do can impact loved ones and some people that we don't even know in ways that we wouldn't even think to connect or imagine.  It's the butterfly effect essentially.  However, while it is good to think of the impact that our actions will have on others, if we think about that always without thinking of our own interests and opinions, nothing would ever get done.  If everyone were so tentative to do things for themselves in fear of hurting others, we wouldn't be so advanced as we are in this day and age across the globe. I just think that it is a very thin line to draw between being too selfish and headstrong, and letting your actions run haywire affecting people's lives while you are completely oblivious to the fact, and letting your fear of taking action take control of your life.  
     Some people say that no religion goes into whether you are a believer in fate or free will.  I believe that it is absolutely a huge indicator of where your opinions fall.  The people who are more religious seem to be a lot more focused on trying to prove that there is a plan in place for all of us, while the more skeptical seem to have the approach fate as a waste of energy spent thinking of excuses as to why something didn't happen the way they wanted it to. 

1 comentario: